- Difficulty Easy
- Active time 15 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
- Servings 4 portions
- 40 g Parmesan cheese, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 1 eschalot or brown onion (30 g)
- 40 g butter
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 320 g risotto rice (e.g. Arborio)
- 60 g dry white wine
- 1-2 tbsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 250 g fresh mushrooms, cut into slices
- 720 g water
- Place Parmesan cheese into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place eschalot or brown onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add butter and extra virgin olive oil and sauté 3 min/120°C/speed 1.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add risotto rice and sauté.
- 1 min/120°C//speed 1.5, without measuring cup.
- Add white wine and sauté 2 min/Varoma//speed 1.5, without measuring cup. Scrape bottom of mixing bowl well with spatula to loosen rice.
- Add Vegetable stock paste, mushrooms and water and scrape bottom of bowl with spatula again to loosen rice. Cook 13 min/100°C//speed 1.5, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
- Transfer into a thermal serving bowl or other large bowl. Using spatula, combine with reserved Parmesan, cover and set aside for a few minutes to thicken, then serve.
Get to know more about Thermomix® and everything you can do, including hands-free risottos and more amazing recipes on Cookidoo® so you can cook smarter, not harder.
Tips & Tricks
Add baby spinach leaves to the bottom of the thermal serving bowl before adding in risotto.
For the Vegetable stock paste, refer to the recipe on Cookidoo.
For this recipe, if you don't have any butter simply use a total of 50 g extra virgin olive oil. If you don't have any olive oil in the pantry, use a total of 50 g butter.
Rule of thumb for creating your own risotto recipe: for every 100 g risotto rice you will need 250 g liquids (water and wine) combined with stock paste. The maximum quantity of rice that can be cooked at any one time for this recipe is 500 g. Bear in mind adding other ingredients will add volume to the dish, so adjust the rice quantity accordingly.
Variation: Chicken and Pea Risotto: omit the mushrooms. When adding stock paste, add 500 g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into pieces (3 cm) and cook
10 min/100°C//speed 1.5, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid. Then add 120 g frozen green peas and cook for a further 3 min/100°C//speed 1.5, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid. Transfer into thermal serving bowl or other large bowl. Combine with reserved Parmesan and serve immediately.