- Difficulty Easy
- Active time 15 minutes
- Total time 1 hour 30 minutes
- Servings 6 portions
- 500 g water
- 4 eggs
- 1000 g potatoes (e.g. Ruby Lou), peeled and cut into pieces (2 cm)
- 150 g bacon, cut into pieces (1-2 cm)
- 3 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and finely sliced (reserve green fronds for garnishing)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, crust removed and cut into cubes (3 cm), plus extra shaved for garnishing
- 200 g mayonnaise (see Tips)
- 15 g wholegrain mustard
- 10 g balsamic vinegar
- Per 1 portion
- Calories: 1809 kJ / 431 kcal
- Protein: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4 g
- Fibre: 3 g
- Sodium: 746.8 mg
- Place water into mixing bowl. Insert simmering basket and place eggs into it. Place Varoma dish into position, then weigh potato into it. Arrange potato pieces in Varoma dish to ensure steam can still circulate freely. Secure Varoma lid and steam 14 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Set Varoma with potato aside. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and carefully transfer eggs into a bowl of cold water.
- Place Varoma dish with potato back into position. Stir potato pieces with spatula to ensure even cooking, then secure Varoma lid and cook 8-10 min/Varoma/speed 1, or until potatoes are soft (see Tips).
- Remove Varoma dish and set potato aside to cool, placing Varoma lid under the dish to avoid drips. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place bacon, spring onions/shallots and olive oil into mixing bowl and sauté 5 min/120°C//speed stir. Transfer into a serving bowl and set aside.
- Once eggs have cooled, peel, quarter and slice eggs, then add to bacon mixture in serving bowl.
- Place Parmesan cheese into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place mayonnaise, mustard and balsamic vinegar into mixing bowl and blend 3 sec/speed 5.
- Add cooled potatoes and reserved Parmesan cheese to serving bowl. Pour dressing over salad and combine well using spatula.
- Garnish salad with finely sliced spring onion/shallot fronds and extra shaved Parmesan cheese. Refrigerate salad until chilled (approx. 30 minutes), then serve immediately.
- Potatoes should be cooked through but still firm enough that a knife can pass easily through without mashing.
- Make Mayonnaise fresh in your Thermomix® to use in this recipe on Cookidoo®.
Tips & Tricks
Serving bowl, refrigerator