- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut in quarters
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ teaspoon crushed chilli flakes (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Juice of half a freshly squeeze lemon
- 40g oil-cured olives, pips discarded
- 500g firm white fish fillets, bones removed
- 30g (1 cup) parsley leaves
- Place onion into mixing bowl and chop for 7 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add olive oil and sauté at 10-12 min/120°C/, or until onions are translucent and soft.
- Add garlic, chilli flakes and chickpeas and sauté 7 min/100°C//. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice and olives, and cook at 8 min/100°C//speed 0.5.
- Place Varoma® into position.Season fish fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then place fish into Varoma®.
- Secure Varoma® lid and steam for 6 min/Varoma/speed 3 or until fish is cooked through.
- To serve, place the stew in a serving dish and gently break the fish into large pieces with a large spoon and place on top. Drizzle with extra olive oil and scatter with parsley leaves.
Tips & Tricks
This recipe has been shared by Kate Gibbs and has not been tested by a member of the Thermomix® Recipe Development team.