Keep food fresher with Vac-U-Seal!
What is Vac-U-Seal?
Meet Vac-U-Seal – our innovative food vacuum sealer system with a wand that is designed to fit in the palm of your hand. Not to be underestimated, this mini vacuum sealer makes vacuum sealing food easier than ever before. The wand or pen-shaped vacuum sealing machine removes air to lock in moisture and preserve food for long periods of time.
Simply pair our Vac-U-Seal vacuum sealer wand with our vacuum sealer bags (which are also great for sous-viding in your Thermomix®!), or our vacuum sealer containers, and you’ve got the perfect food storage solution. So, what are you waiting for? Discover ultimate food freshness with Vac-U-Seal! Better yet, bundle up and save with our essential Vac-U-Seal vacuum sealer set!
How do you use food vacuum sealers?
Say goodbye to over-complicated, bulky vacuum sealing machines, and say hello to the handy-dandy handheld vacuum sealer! Vac-U-Seal is designed to be used no matter how big or small the kitchen or can even be used on-the-go.
All you need to get started is the vacuum sealer wand, and your preferred vacuum sealing vehicle to hold your food. For best results, we’d recommend using our vacuum sealer containers or vacuum sealer bags, as they are specially designed to fit the nozzle of the Vac-U-Seal.
Once you have your equipment and your chosen food, simply follow these 3 easy steps:
- Place your food into the vacuum bag or storage container, ensuring you do not overfill.
- If using a bag, lay the bag flat with the circular valve facing upwards and firmly close the zipper of the bag with your fingers or with the bag closure clip (located on the wand). If using a container, firmly close the lid, ensuring all edges are sealed properly.
- Place your vacuum sealer nozzle over the indicated valve and press and hold the Start/Stop button until all the air is removed. Release the nozzle to stop vacuuming and press the Start/Stop button again when finished.
Easy as 1, 2, 3! You’re now ready to store, freeze, or even sous-vide your food. For more information about how to use Vac-U-Seal, see our instructional video, or download our instructions manual.
Cleaning your vacuum sealer
After using your Vac-U-Seal, you can clean the reservoir compartment by gently twisting the nozzle section and removing from the shaft of your Vac-U-Seal. Once removed, you can wash in warm, soapy water and allow to dry before replacing.
When you’re finished with your reusable vacuum sealer bags and containers, these can be cleaned by washing with light detergent and warm water. Whilst these can be reused over time, we’d recommend that if they contained meat, eggs, or unpasteurised cheese, they are not re-used as bacteria can remain after washing.
Vacuum sealer-friendly foods
Now that you know how to use our Vac-U-Seal, let’s maxmise it’s use by understanding what food you can put into your vacuum sealer. Whilst vacuum sealing meat and fish for sous-vide cooking has been a growing trend, there is so much more a vacuum sealer can do! We’ve listed some of our favourite things to vacuum seal.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Smoothies and protein shakes
- Meal-prepped food and bulk meals
- Bread (homemade and store-bought)
- Nuts and seeds
- Meat and fish
- Baby food purees and formulas
- Herbs and spices
- Coffee beans
- Pancakes and breakfast food
- Muffins and baked goods
Try out some of our delicious vacuum-sealer friendly recipes using your Thermomix® over on Cookidoo®.
Benefits of using vacuum sealers?
Where do we begin! There are just so many amazing benefits of vacuum sealing food. Whether you’re a bulk food shopper or prepper, or you’re wanting to enhance the flavour of your food, vacuum sealers are the answers to many of your daily kitchen woes. Our top 6 advantages of using Vac-U-Seal vacuum sealing system are below.
- Keeps food fresher for longer: Vacuum sealing helps to protect and preserve food, extending shelf-life of around 3-5x longer! By keeping the air, oxygen, and surrounding moisture out of contact from the food. This helps to prevent any bacteria or mould from growing and stops pantry items from going soft or stale.
- Saves you time and money: With the cost of living rising, and our increasingly busy lifestyles, vacuum sealers are here to save the day. When grocery shopping, you can buy food that’s in season or on sale in bulk, and simply vacuum seal them and store them away for when you need them! This works for both raw ingredients, and pre-made meals, because let’s be honest – we all know those nights where we simply need a ready-made-meal on hand.
- Store meal-prepped food and leftovers: If you’re an avid meal-prepper, or simply love to store your leftovers, vacuum sealing food in bags or containers is a super convenient way for safe and easy storage! Vacuum sealers are especially handy for long term storage of full meals and liquids without the spillage! What’s more, is that when storing food in the freezer, it can help prevent freezer burn.
- Organised, space-saving food storage: Storing food in airtight bags and containers means efficient, organised packaging solutions! Kitchen organisation is made easy with vacuum sealing food, as they take up less space in your fridge, freezer, or pantry, and you can visibly see the food you’re storing.
- Speeds up the marinating process: Looking for a quick way to enhance the flavour of meat and fish? Marinating then vacuum sealing your food helps to lock in all those delicious juices. We’ve tried and tested many of our favourite marinade recipes on Cookidoo® so you can try them for yourself!
- Reusable and reduces food wastage: Not only does storing food in vacuum sealers help to minimise food wastage, but they also help to reduce the amount of single-use plastic in your kitchen. Our vacuum sealer bags and containers are reusable and can be used time and time again!
Ready to “seal” the deal? Shop our vacuum sealer bundle, which includes our Vac-U-Seal vacuum sealing wand and containers, for the ultimate food storage system!
Remember to tag us in a pic on social media and show us your favourite ways to Vac-U-Seal! Find us at @themixshopaus and #themixshopaus.