- Difficulty Easy
- Active time 10 minutes
- Total time 2 hours
- Servings 12 slices
- 180 g buttermilk
- 200 g water
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast or 20 g fresh yeast, crumbled
- 20 g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 500 g baker's flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp salt
- mixed seeds, for sprinkling
- Place buttermilk, water and yeast into mixing bowl and heat
3 min/37°C/speed 1. Meanwhile, grease a deep-sided loaf tin and set aside.
- Add baker's flour and salt and mix 6 sec/speed 6, then knead
Dough /3 min.
- Transfer dough onto silicone bread mat or floured work surface and work into a ball. Wrap in silicone bread mat or place into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel. Leave to prove in a warm place until doubled in size (approx. 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Knock down dough, then transfer into prepared loaf tin. Leave to prove for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with mixed seeds and bake for 45 minutes (200°C) or until golden brown. Bread should sound hollow when tapped on the underside of loaf.
- Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack. Serve warm or allow to cool completely before transferring into a sealable container until ready to use.