- Difficulty Easy
- Active time 10 minutes
- Total time 10 minutes + freezing time
- Servings 4 portions
- 600 g ripe seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 70 g raw sugar
- 4 cm orange zest strip, no white pith
- 120 g tequila, plus extra 1 tbsp, to dip
- 3 limes ; 1 peeled, no white pith, pips removed and 2 thinly sliced, to serve
- The night before you want to serve these, place a shallow freezable container onto mixing bowl lid and weigh watermelon into it. Cover and place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight, until completely frozen.
- When you’re ready to serve, place sugar and orange zest into mixing bowl, then mill 10 sec/speed 9.
- Place 1–2 tablespoons of the orange sugar on a plate. Pour the extra 1 tablespoon of tequila into a small, shallow bowl. Dip the rims of four cocktail glasses into the tequila, then dip rims in orange sugar to coat. Set glasses aside.
- Add remaining 120 g tequila, flesh of a lime and the frozen watermelon pieces to the remaining orange sugar in mixing bowl, then blend 1 min/speed 8, with aid of spatula. Pour mixture into prepared glasses. Thread slices of lime onto cocktail skewers, then rest a skewer carefully on the rim of each glass. Serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks
To keep the margarita frozen for longer on a hot day, chill the glasses first in the fridge for a few hours.
shallow freezable container, plate, shallow bowl, 4 cocktail glasses, margarita glasses, cocktail skewers
measuring cup, spatula