- Difficulty Easy
- Active time 5 minutes
- Total time 5 minutes
- Servings 300 grams
- 250 g grapeseed oil or safflower oil
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon juice or 1 tsp vinegar
- 1-2 tsp mustard, to taste (optional)
- 2 pinches ground black pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- Place a jug onto mixing bowl lid and weigh grapeseed or safflower oil into jug and set aside.
- Place egg, lemon juice or vinegar, mustard (optional), pepper (optional) and salt into mixing bowl. Mix 1 min 30 sec/speed 4, very slowly pouring oil onto mixing bowl lid letting it trickle into mixing bowl to emulsify. Serve as desired or transfer into a sealable jar or container and place into refrigerator until ready to use (see Tips).
Tips & Tricks
- For best results, all ingredients and mixing bowl must be at room temperature.
- If mayonnaise does not thicken, transfer into a bowl and set aside. Place an additional egg into mixing bowl and mix 1 min 30 sec/speed 4, very slowly pouring reserved mayonnaise mixture onto mixing bowl lid, letting it trickle into mixing bowl.
- Garlic mayonnaise: start by placing 1-2 garlic cloves into the empty mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 8. Proceed as per recipe.