A good quality slotted spatula with a bevelled edge is one of the most versatile tools in the kitchen, besides your Thermomix. Our Recipe Development team put this guy to the test and swear there’s simply no substitute when you’re making the perfect grilled cheese sandwich, barbequing or griddling a crispy-skin fish fillet, sautéing or stir-frying, tossing pancakes, or even baking.
Longer, slender and slightly curved, our slotted spatula has a gentler touch than your regular rigid metal turner. It’s sturdy but springy, allowing you to gently press while frying or grilling. With that bevelled edge, it effortlessly slides under delicate foods, turns, lifts and cradles to keep your creations intact. And because we love our lefties, we have a left-handed spatula to cater to all our chefs. You can also take a quick peek through those slots at the underside of your food to check if it’s browning nicely too.
But there’s a bit more cleverness in that slotted spatula head. It allows oils and juices to drain away, so your plates will never be swimming in liquid or grease. Especially handy when you’re plating up poached fish or eggs.
Turn it on its end and you have a handy cutting edge for portioning softer foods, like tray bakes or large fish fillets.
Our Recipe Development Team even find themselves reaching for the sturdy, non-slip handle of our slotted spatula when they’re removing cookies from the Oven Mat or lined baking trays, grilling burgers, flipping pancakes or cutting and serving tray bakes. So many more spatula uses than you might think.
- So versatile - ideal for grilling burgers, flipping pancakes, poaching eggs or lifting cookies from the pan
- Bevelled spatula effortlessly slides under to turn and lift without damaging delicate foods
- Left handed and right handed spatula options to cater to all our chefs
- Slotted spatula head allows grease and juices to drain away
- Cutting edge ideal for portioning tray bakes and larger fish fillets
- Quality stainless steel is sturdy but springy for gently pressing while frying or gridling
- Sturdy and comfortable, non-slip beechwood handle
- Hole for hanging and keeping it handy
Our Slotted Spatula is easy to clean but not dishwasher safe. We recommend handwashing with a mild detergent and wiping dry with a tea towel. We recommend transferring your cooked foods to a plate or chopping board to cut, as the blade is likely to scratch your non-stick pans and bakeware, Thermomats, Oven Mats and Oven Tray Liners.
Total length: 29cm
Handle length: 12.5cm
Handle width: 2.5cm
Spatula length: 16.5cm
Spatula width: 8.5cm