HOUSE POLICY – THE MIX AUSTRALIA
The Mix Australia (TMA) would like all participants to have an enjoyable and safe experience while at their cooking class. As part of this commitment, TMA promote and practice the responsible consumption of alcohol.
STAFF TRAINING AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• All cooking class staff have completed RSA training provided by a registered training provider.
• TiA maintain an up to date training register and copy of staff RSA certification.
• TiA support staff who practice and enforce RSA.
• All staff and relevant managers have signed off and agreed to this policy.
• Minors may be on the premises with the supervision of a responsible adult and in accordance with the cooking class booking guidelines, but may not consume or purchase liquor.
• Alcohol will not be served, supplied or allowed to be supplied to anyone under the age of 18.
• Acceptable evidence of age may be requested where there is any doubt a participant is under the age of 18 (i.e. driver’s license, proof of age card or passport).
• All cooking class staff are trained in identifying signs of undue intoxication
• Anyone deemed to be unduly intoxicated or disorderly will be either refused entry to the premises or refused further service, offered water and a taxi called. They will be required to leave the premises.
• Free water will be made available to all participants throughout the class.
• Food will be made available during the class.
• Participants are encouraged to monitor and control their consumption of alcohol during the class.
• Cooking classes will run for approximately three hours and BYO alcohol should only be consumed during these times.
• BYO alcohol permitted to be consumed is limited to wine, beer or cider only.
• We have a responsibility to ensure our cooking classes take place in a friendly and professional manner that causes no adverse impact to course participants, staff, venue neighbours or local community due to the consumption of alcohol.
COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
• If course participants are planning to BYO, we encourage them to consider safe transport options to and from the class venue.
• BYO alcohol can only be consumed within the class venue/room.
• Taxi, public transport and emergency telephone details will be made available to participants in the class venue.
• Course numbers are limited to 18 participants.