• To open steamer, place on a flat surface. Hold onto one of the side handles for support. Align with engraved circle symbol on the side of the lid to the engraved triangle on top of the steamer base. Push up and lift to open.
• Place mixture in the steamer and close lid. To close the lid, align symbols on the lid and side of steamer base and press down firmly on the lid until it clicks into place. To lock the lid, turn it so that the arrow at the top of the steamer based is NOT aligned with ANY of the circles on the side of the lid. Gently test the lid is locked in place by tugging on the loop handle on the lid before steaming.
• Place pudding steamer into Varoma dish and cover with the Varoma lid. Position Varoma onto the Thermomix mixing bowl and cook according to the recipe instructions.
• If using a stovetop – place pudding steamer in a saucepan which has been filled with water to just over half of the height of the steamer. Place lid on the saucepan. Cook according to the recipe instructions.
• Note: Do not overfill the steamer with mixture – as it expands during cooking and will be difficult to remove.
• Regularly check the water in the Thermomix mixing bowl or the saucepan (if steaming on the stovetop), and top up to the initial levels as and when required. Do not allow Thermomix or the saucepan to boil dry.
• When the pudding is ready, use oven mitts to tug at the loop handle to ensure that the lid has not unlocked during cooking. Remove steamer from the Varoma or the saucepan using the side handles, not the loop handles for safety.
• Using non-stick nylon/silicone spatula or a palette knife, briefly scour around the edges of the pudding and then turn upside down onto a serving plate.
Handle with care!
Please exercise caution when removing this steamer from the Varoma during use or after use, as it becomes a hot surface when used for steaming.
• Do not use directly on a stovetop or in microwave ovens.
• Do not allow direct contact with flame.
• Do not use vegetable cooking sprays as this can damage the non-stick coating and the performance of the steamer. Follow the recipe instructions for greasing or flouring the steamer.
• Not to be used for food storage.
• Hand wash in mild detergent. Do not use metal utensils or abrasive cleaning products.
• Bottom diameter: 7.5 cm.
• Top diameter: 16 cm
• Height without lid: 8.5 cm
• Height with lid: 10 cm