Frequently Asked Questions
Firra Cast Iron Cookware offers the best heat retention, ensuring even cooking and consistent results. It's incredibly durable, promising the best longevity and performance with proper care. Cast iron cookware is naturally non-stick when seasoned correctly, reducing the need for added fats or oils, promoting the best cooking experience.
1. Apply a thin layer of vegetable oil to the entire surface, including the handles.
2. Pat dry so no oil is pooling.
3. Place the cookware upside down in an oven preheated to 175°C for 1 hour.
4. Let it cool completely before using or storing.
- Preheat the cookware before adding ingredients for the best heat distribution.
- Avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing hot cookware in cold water, to prevent cracking and maintain the best condition of your cookware.
- Use wooden or silicone utensils for the best care to avoid damaging the seasoning.
- You can use mild soap sparingly, avoid harsh dettergents or abrassive scrubbers that will strip away seasoning.
- Acidic foods can break down the seasoning. Avoid cooking highly acidic foods for extended periods in cast iron cookware.
- Use fats like butter, oil, or lard when cooking. They contribute to the seasoning and help in preventing sticking.