Multi-taskers can’t go without a second Bowl, blade and lid (BBL) set in their kitchen! Proof dough while making filling for pizza pockets and breads stuffed with all the good things, or melt chocolate and set it aside while you whip egg whites to make melt-in-your-mouth chocolate mousse.
Find out all the ways an extra Thermomix bowl can help you do more in the kitchen.
Mix more: Breads stuffed with deliciousness
What’s better than freshly baked bread? Freshly baked bread with a yummy surprise filling! Speed up your prep time by using one bowl to proof your dough while using your second bowl to make a delicious filling.
Try these recipes:
Iraqi Cheese Pies – a bread dough stuffed with a mixture of feta, haloumi and mozzarella – need we say more?
Sultana, Apple and Custard Scrolls – another back to school lunchbox saviour.
Mix more: Desserts that whip it good.
The secret to fluffy whipped egg whites and meringue is a sparkling clean bowl. Use your second bowl to whip your egg whites, and keep your first to continue on with the rest of the recipe.
Here are some of our favourites.
Hazelnut Meringue Roulade: milling hazelnuts, whipping egg whites and melting chocolate. You’ll get a lot of bang for your buck while creating this stunning gluten-free dessert from scratch.
Chocolate Mousse: With an extra bowl you’re just minutes away from this family favourite. No-waste tip: add 500g of milk to the bowl with your leftover chocolate mixture and heat 5 mins/80C/speed 2 to make a tasty hot chocolate.
Chocolate Fondant Cake: Found in The Basic Cookbook, this hidden gem is a crowd-pleaser.
Orange Chiffon Cake. A delicate, light and airy sponge cake, scented with a hint of orange. Find the recipe on Recipe Community.
Still need an excuse? Here’s 5 more reasons you need a second bowl, blade and lid set in your life.
- Make ingredients from scratch – mill almond meal, icing sugar, or even grate Parmesan cheese without stopping the flow of your recipe.
- Sunday cook ups take half the time with two bowls on the go, with no need to stop and wash up between recipes.
- If you’re catering for special dietary requirements, you may like to allocate one bowl for those recipes to avoid cross-contamination.
- Adding the finishing touches shouldn’t mean spending hours in the kitchen. Whip up a quick and easy gravy in your second bowl to take your mashed potato or steamed veg to the next level.
- Guests coming around for dinner? Use your extra bowl to whip up a batch of welcome cocktails!