Have you heard about the latest feature to our recipe platform, Cookidoo®? Scaled Recipes enables you to choose serving numbers on recipes to suit your needs. So, whether you’re cooking for one or two, for the whole family or to feed a crowd – it’s your table, your way, with Thermomix® and Cookidoo®.
Download your Scaled Recipes cheat sheet here!
Read on to learn more about the two types of Scaled Recipes now available with the latest update on Cookidoo®, so you can cook to your needs - saving on time, money and waste! Psst… You’ll need an active Cookidoo® 3.0 subscription to access this great new feature. If you don’t have one, click here for how to update your subscription.
Tried, tested and ready for you: Tested Serving Sizes
Our most cooked and best rated recipes on Cookidoo® now come with multiple serving size options, with our Thermomix® success guarantee! These serving size options have all been expertly tested by our Thermomix® Recipe Developers and… they’re still going! We’re regularly added new scaled recipes to Cookidoo®, so you’ll never be short of options.
Once on Cookidoo® via the app, website or on your Thermomix® TM6, select the recipe you’re keen to cook, then simply click on the “Serving size” button to check whether we have tested other serving sizes for the recipe. If you find a serving size you want to try, click on your desired serving size, and start cooking as you usually would. It's that easy!
Your recipes, your way: Automatically Adapted Serving Sizes
If you can’t find the tested serving size you’re looking for, no need to worry! Our new Automatically Adapted Serving Sizes feature allows you to adjust the serving sizes of recipes using our scaling technology, saving them in Created recipes.
Simply select your recipe of choice and open the recipe detail page on the Cookidoo® app or website. Click on the “Serving size” button and then select "Make it your own” to adapt this recipe and save it in Created Recipes.
Head to Cookidoo® to watch a tutorial.
You’ll find this feature only via the Recipe Detail page not from within Created Recipes.
It’s also important to note that, like all Created Recipes, Automatically Adapted Serving Sizes haven't been tested by our Recipe Team, so we can't guarantee the success of them. Be mindful to check over your recipes and ensure safe and proper use. Find some tips below.
Automatically adapted serving sizes: Important notes and tips
- Just like all Created Recipes, we can’t provide the Thermomix® success guarantee on Automatically Adapted Serving Sizes recipes.
- Be mindful not to exceed the maximum capacity of the mixing bowl (max. 2.2 litres), the Varoma or other accessories. Be extra cautious when you are using high temperatures and/or speeds.
- Always refer to your Thermomix® instruction manual for further safety information.
- Not all parts of the recipe will automatically adapt to the new serving size. For example, baking recipes where you prepare dough are generally set up for one baking tray/one form, so be sure to adapt the size of the tray/baking form accordingly.
- We recommend reviewing all the changes made to the recipe once it has gone through the automatically adapted serving size process. Carefully check each and every step, make manual changes as needed, and scale any parts of the recipe that were not automatically adapted.
Ready to get cooking?
Head to our thematic page on Cookidoo® for some great Scaled Recipes to get you started!
A little taster of some of the recipes we’ve scaled:
Head to Cookidoo® to find heaps more. Happy cooking!