Because cooking pizza on a pizza stone is the foundation of perfect Italian pizza, we had the Ovana baking stone custom made from the finest quality porcelain to fit the Ovana oven. It’s one of the essential ingredients that turns legendary made-from-scratch Thermomix dough into a perfectly crispy stone-baked pizza within just one minute. And that’s what takes your week-night pizza nights and parties to the next level.
Of course, your new Ovana oven comes with the square baking stone as standard. It’s built to last, thick for optimal heat retention, and removable for easy cleaning. But just in case it gets accidentally dropped, broken or cracked – which can happen if it’s exposed to water, or thermal shock from a frozen pizza base – we’ve made the Ovana baking stone available to purchase separately as an Ovana replacement part.
- Turns legendary Thermomix dough into a perfectly crispy stone-baked pizza
- Slide your pizza onto the Ovana baking stone and bake it to perfection within a minute
- Custom made to fit the Ovana oven perfectly and built to last
- Thick for heat retention and durability in the high heat of your Ovana oven
- Made from the finest quality porcelain
- Removable for easy cleaning and replacement
- Ovana logo embossed in the base
- Logo to be placed on the underside. Smooth side up.
The authentic baking stone/pizza stone for the Ovana oven is easy to remove and clean, but cleaning with water is a big no-no for any baking stone, as it can cause them to crack. We recommend allowing your Ovana oven to cool completely before removing your baking stone for cleaning using the stainless steel Ovana oven brush and scraper dry, without water. And if you’re using a frozen pizza base, allow it to thaw slightly before placing on the heated baking stone, as the sudden thermal shock can cause all pizza stones to crack.
All baking stones develop a natural patina (discoloration) with use and time, no matter how much you clean them. But that lived-in look is all part of its beauty and charm, just like the old baking stones of traditional brick or clay pizza ovens.
33 x 33 x 1cm