- Difficulty Easy
- Servings 24 portions
- To make the dough:
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 320 g warm water
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp dried instant yeast
- 350 g "00" pasta flour
- 150 g fine semolina, plus extra to dust
- 1 tsp sea salt
- For the toppings:
- 6 tbsp tinned caramel (see Tips)
- 250 g fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters
- 125 g blueberries
- 200 g white chocolate chips, to sprinkle
- flaked coconut, toasted to sprinkle
- 100 g chocolate, of choice, melted to drizzle
- Lightly grease a large bowl or airtight container and set aside.
- Place all dough ingredients into mixing bowl, then knead Dough/2 min. Shape dough into a ball, place in prepared bowl and turn to lightly coat in oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave dough to prove in a warm place until doubled in size (approx. 1 hour). Alternatively, place unproved dough ball into prepared airtight container and place in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat pizza oven to 350°C (see Tips).
- If your dough has been refrigerated, remove from the fridge and set aside to return to room temperature. Generously dust work surface with semolina and divide dough into 3 balls. Working one piece of dough at a time, press it out with your fingertips from the center to the edges and gently stretch it into shape. Alternatively, you can roll it out with a rolling pin to approx. 25 cm diameter (see Tips)
Toppings and assembly
- When you are ready to cook, make sure you top and cook one pizza at a time to avoid the pizza base getting soggy and becoming difficult to transfer onto pizza peel. Spread with 2 tablespoons of the caramel sauce. Top with a ⅓ of the strawberries and blueberries.
- Sprinkle pizza peel with semolina and carefully pull the pizza onto the peel. Launch pizza into the pizza oven and bake for 60-90 seconds (between 320°C-350°C), carefully using the turning peel to turn every 20 seconds. Transfer onto a chopping board then sprinkle with a ⅓ of the chocolate chips and toasted coconut. Drizzle with melted chocolate before slicing into 8 pieces and enjoying warm. Repeat with remaining bases and topping
Tips & Tricks
- To make your own Caramel sauce in your Thermomix®, search Cookidoo® for the recipes.
- If you are short on space or would like to roll your pizza bases out ahead of time, you can roll the dough out into rough circles, about 0.5 cm thick, and place them on slightly larger pieces of flour-dusted baking paper, then stack them, cover with plastic wrap and pop into the fridge.
- Depending on your oven, temperature and cooking times may be adjusted. Pizzas cook better between 320-350°C. Your oven temperature may alter during cooking depending on weather