The Ovana Peel makes it a breeze to launch the pizza into the oven.
We designed the square Ovana pizza peel and perforated pizza peel to be super quick and easy to handle when you’re cooking at high heat and high speeds with your Ovana oven. Made of quality non-stick anodised aluminium, with steel reinforcements and a tapered edge, they’re lightweight and thin, yet sturdy enough to help you swiftly slide your pizzas in and out in seconds and get them done to perfection within a minute.
These two modern takes on the traditional 12-inch long-handle pizza oven peel are designed to appeal to all home pizza makers and bakers.
The solid design is for the traditionalists who prefer to add extra flour or semolina to the pizza peel so the dough slides off easily. These are the pizza lovers who love the smoky flavour that browned flour or semolina can add to the pizza base. They often like to slide the pizza peel under the base to act as a screen that slightly slows the cooking of the bottom while getting that perfectly charred finish on the top.
And then there’s the perforated pizza tool for those who prefer to get rid of access flour and dislike the smoky flavour that browned flour can add to the cooked pizza base. The indented design makes it super sturdy, and the non-stick surface helps the dough slide off the peel without sticking.
Most of our Recipe Development team loved the perforated pizza peel, but the rest of us at Thermomix prefer the smoky flavours achieved with the solid pizza peel. But one thing we all agree on is that both designs do the perfect job of getting pizzas in and out of the Ovana oven in a flash.
With that in mind, you may want to appease and please the traditionalists and modernists in your family with both the Ovana pizza peel and perforated pizza peel. The solid peel is included with your Ovana oven, and the perforated peel is available as one of our genuine Ovana pizza accessories.
- Designed for precision cooking in your Ovana oven at high speed and high heat
- The quickest, easiest and safest way to get pizzas in and out of your Ovana oven
- Modern take on the iconic square Italian long-handle pizza peel
- Incredibly lightweight, yet sturdy for easy handling and durability
- Made of quality non-stick anodised aluminium, with steel reinforcements
- Solid pizza peel (with no holes) – to add more flour/semolina for that smoky flavour
- Perforated pizza peel for those who prefer to get rid of excess flour
- Perforated peel features indents, making it sturdier
- Hook on the handle to hang your pizza peel
To keep your Ovana pizza peel and perforated pizza peel looking and cooking their best, we recommend handwashing with a soft cloth, mild soap and warm water and drying with a tea towel. Avoid washing with harsh or abrasive detergents and scrubbing pads, or using metal utensils, pizza cutters or knives on the anodized aluminium non-stick surface.