We bought this for our 42 year old son for his birthday as he likes to cook - particularly bbq. He was thrilled with it - a difficult achievement for us as he is so hard to buy for. We don't know how it works but we will find out in due course - once he uses it. Thanks.
The world’s first truly wireless meat thermometer, the Meater+, has arrived in the barbecue nation and it’s totally transforming the way Australia cooks. If you love your Thermomix, you’ll love this seriously smart piece of smart cooking technology! Just like the Thermomix TM6, the Meater+ gives you guided cooking to guarantee consistent done-exactly-to-your-liking, tender, juicy meat. Every. Time. You. Cook.
So why take the risk of undercooking chicken and chunky steaks, or overcooking really good (often expensive) cuts of meat, when the Meater+ takes all that guesswork out of the equation? With just a few clicks, you’ll have the BlueTooth wireless meat thermometer connected your smart device via the Meater app, giving you step-by-step guided cooking instructions for amazingly consistent results.
It does all the math for you. The Meater+ calculates the optimum cooking time by monitoring the internal temp (inside the meat), ambient temp (inside the bbq/grill/oven) and the target temp (for your chosen level of doneness) and relays that info to your app. It gives you a notification five minutes before your meat is ready to remove from the heat and tells you the precise amount of time your meat needs to be rested for maximum juiciness.
And with a wifi range of up to 50 metres, you can even keep a virtual eye on your bbq while you’re in the kitchen prepping side dishes in your Thermomix or enjoying drinks with your guests.
Another big plus is its versatility. Your Meater+ wireless meat thermometer can be used with electric, gas, wood and charcoal cooking methods – from oven baking, grilling, roasting, pan-frying and sautéing, to barbecuing, smoking, steaming and low and slow.
1. World’s first truly wireless meat thermometer
2. Guided cooking – step-by-step real-time instructions for consistent results every time
3. Bluetooth bbq thermometer connects to your smart device within a range of up to 50 metres
4. Controlled by the Meater app – compatible with Apple and Android smart devices
5. Two-year warranty – the only Meater+ covered by Australian consumer law and warrantied in Australia by Meater.
6. Handles ambient temperatures up to 275° and internal temperatures up to 100°
- The world’s first truly wireless meat thermometer
- Bluetooth range of up to 50 metres
- Smart phone connected device
- Compatible with Apple and Android devices
- Amazingly consistent results
- High temperature durability
- Waterproof probe
- Two-year warranty in Australia by Meater.
- Packaged in a contemporary bamboo box
- Magnetises to fridge door, always ready to go
Picture the scene. A group of meat-loving audio-visual tech developers are standing around a bbq one weekend, discussing the challenges of getting the perfect temperature when cooking their meat. While they’re chatting, the wire on their digital meat thermometer starts to burn and it gets them thinking… There’s got to be a better way to do this!
They put their heads together to solve the problem of creating the world’s first smart connected wireless meat thermometer that consistently cooks meat to perfection. They started a Kickstarter campaign to fund the product’s creation, and it was one of the most successful Kickstarters of the year!
I'm so glad you found the perfect gift for your son Trudie! Hopefully you get to enjoy all his yummy meals too. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review
The only thing my husband loves more than his meater+ is the bbq he uses with it. Used with an app takes all the guess work out of cooking large portions of meat and seafood. Even tells you how long to rest what you've cooked afterwards.
Meater+ Wireless Meat Thermometer
Works extremely well and very accurate meat cooking temperature!
Best thermometer you can find! Totally spot on, easy to use and great guidance throughout the entire cooking process.